Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Lemon and Earl Grey Shortbread

This is a MUST if you love Shortbread with a cuppa, it's all in one! Result!

I came up with this recipe after being inspired by someone i saw using bagged tea in cakes....I have to admit, it's divine, so gloriously subtle it's almost quite dainty!

.Ingredients.

175g/6oz plain flour
Pinch of salt
55g/2oz caster sugar plus extra for sprinkling
115g/4oz butter, chopped into chunks
2 Earl Grey tea bags, tear open the bags to remove the tea, discard the paper bags.... I used Twining's
Unwaxed lemon zest, finely grated

.Method.

Pre heat oven to 150'C/300'F/Gas mark 2.

Grease a 20cm (ish) tart or cake tin (TIP.... I keep a knob of real butter in my fridge so it's nice and hard, makes it so much easier and less messy to grease a tin and when you're done just lob it back in the fridge for next time).

Mix together the flour, salt, sugar, Earl Grey tea and grated lemon zest in a bowl, then rub in the butter, mix until it forms a soft dough, don't over work the dough or your end result will be like you're chewing on an eraser!

Press the dough into the greased tin, if you're not using a tart tin maybe use a fork to make imprints around the edges to make it look fancy pants.

Mark eight pieces with a knife and prick all over with a fork.

Pop in the oven for 45-50 minutes, until the shortbread is firm and just coloured.

Leave it to cool a little in the tin then sprinkle with caster sugar. Cut the portions then remove and leave to completely cool on a wire rack.

ENJOY! x



3 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
    comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
    I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    flights to Umrah
    cheap flight to jeddah
    flights to jeddah
    umrah jeddah flights
    umrah flights from London
    cheap flights to umrah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reach to your blog and see your recipe it's awesome... will tried at our home..

    very nice, I want to also tell you some new things in our city Ahmedabad If you visit our Ahmedabad (Gujarat-India) Must see this...

    Creamy Cocoa Ahmedabad - Do you know what is better than chocolates? Home-made chocolates! Slurrp! Slurrp!

    Do you ever crave for a particular taste or combination in your chocolate? Like a chocolate stuffed with cake inside or an orange flavored chocolate? If you are like me and can think of new combinations but not find them in market – Creamy Cacoa is the place for you.

    for more: www.cityshor.com/ahmedabad/creamy-cocoa-ahmedabad

    ReplyDelete